JOB DESCRIPTION: We are seeking a positive and highly-motivated professional who is passionate about landscape architecture. Top candidates will excel at design thinking, have excellent graphic communication skills, articulate written and verbal communication, as well as an interest in collaboration with other team members. Responsibilities will include planning, design, preparation of construction plans, planting plans, specifications, reports, studies, cost estimates and permit applications. This is an excellent opportunity for professional growth in our fast-paced, collaborative and client-focused practice.
DUTIES FOR QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL INCLUDE:
- Prepare landscape, hardscape, layout plans and details for various project types.
- Prepare layout studies and yield studies for commercial/residential developments
- Prepare illustrative plans to support Rezoning and/or Special Exception applications.
- Working on design teams to develop detailed landscape/hardscape design elements for construction plans.
- May also conduct code research, write specifications.
- Permitting experience, a plus.
- Site design including grading design for landscape and hardscape features.
- Interprets applicable local, state, and federal landscape, forestry and environmental rules and regulations: researches code-related issues in code books as needed; and initiates any actions necessary to correct deviations or violations.
- Maintains records of all plans review activities: prepares, submits, and files inspection reports, permits, building plans, and other relevant documents.
- Produce landscape architectural construction plans.
- Application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related landscape architectural tasks.
- Participate as a member of a design or project team, perform duties in planning and designing of structures and facilities, such as commercial site development, single-family and multi-family communities, land disturbance activity permitting, sporting club and resort communities, grading and drainage, landscape and hardscape design, construction documentation, erosion and sediment control, storm water quality design and Low Impact Development design.
- Business development activities including but not limited to networking, preparation of proposals, interviewing and negotiating fees.
- Prepare development plans to support Rezoning and Entitlement applications understanding technical policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture or Urban Planning **Preferred
- 2+ years of experience in landscape architecture and/or planning.
- Strong freehand illustration and rendering skills.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Land FX and Microsoft office is required.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Project management experience or desire to manage projects
- Prepare and manage drawing sets and presentation packages
- Positive attitude, team oriented, and a strong work ethic
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Self-motivated; sense of urgency to produce high quality work
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account with employer contributions
- Support for continuing education and training opportunities
- Paid Time Off/Holiday Pay
- 401K with employer contributions
- Opportunity for growth with support and mentoring to help with professional goals